Happy Mother's Day!
Mother's Day is tough with a toddler. I wanted to feel loved and appreciated, but a two-year-old doesn't get that. There were cranky moments, struggles for independence, and times I wanted to hand her off to some passing stranger if it meant I could just pick out strawberries and snap peas for HER lunch in peace without her trying to swipe plums and green beans when I was distracted. Then she smiled, or threw her arms around my neck in a strangling hug, or told me she loves me. Okay, I can manage that.
It's a good thing Molly's dad understands that selfish need to be appreciated . After a yummy breakfast and a stressful time at the farmer's market, we all had a nice rest and finished up the day with mommy-daughter mani-pedi's. Molly loved it. She took ages choosing the perfect colors and then announced "I found the best ones"--sky blue for her toe nails and hot Barbie pink for her fingers. This kid loves to be pampered. Wonder where she gets that.




1 Comments:
At 9:27 PM,
Anonymous said…
What fun!! Blair, you are the best mom!! Molly, you chose great colors!!
Gramma Claire
Post a Comment
<< Home