Let Them Eat Cake
After dinner last night I brought out a cupcake with a candle for Damian and Molly and I sang to him. Nothing melts your heart like her little warble singing "Happy biiiirthday to Daddy..." But when it came time to eat the cupcake, Damian who had already had a couple of birthday sweets said he'd eat it later. The following is a truncated version of their conversation.
Molly: Daddy eat cake.
Damian: I'll eat it later, Sweetie.
Molly: Daddy eat cake.
Damian: I'll eat it when I get home.
Molly: No, Daddy eat cake now.
Damian: Okay, I'll eat some of my cake (raises cupcake to mouth).
Molly: Molly eat cake too?
Damian and Blair fall over laughing, and Damian shares his cupcake with Manipulative Molly.
Molly: Daddy eat cake.
Damian: I'll eat it later, Sweetie.
Molly: Daddy eat cake.
Damian: I'll eat it when I get home.
Molly: No, Daddy eat cake now.
Damian: Okay, I'll eat some of my cake (raises cupcake to mouth).
Molly: Molly eat cake too?
Damian and Blair fall over laughing, and Damian shares his cupcake with Manipulative Molly.


2 Comments:
At 8:12 AM,
caedmonstia said…
That's great! She's showing some aptitude for the behavioral sciences, I'd say... Loved the cute birthday pics!
At 8:32 PM,
Anonymous said…
She's thinking all the time! It's always worth figuring out how to get a cupcake. Love ya, Molly!
Gramma
Post a Comment
<< Home