Blogging Molly

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 17, 2007

Potty Tricks

This morning after breakfast Molly said she wanted to go to the potty. I got her diaper off and she sat down, and got up, and sat down, and got up, and got a book, and sat down, and got up, and put the potty onher head and said, "hat," and put the potty back but upside down, and Mommy fixed it and she sat down, repeat 4 or 5 times, and stood up, and said, "poop," and pooped on the floor next to the potty. And turned and looked at it, and got very upset, and pooped in another spot on the floor.
Pause.
Okay, now you need to know that Molly occasionally throws food on the floor and we're always asking where it's supposed to go. Molly's responds by pointing and saying, "mouth."
Resume.
Imagine my horror when I said, "I'm very proud that you tried to make poopie in the potty Molly. It's okay that you missed and it's on the floor, but where should you try to put the poopie?"
Molly points to her lips and on a sigh says, "mouth."
Needless to say I ushered her out of the bathroom pretty quickly explaining that only food goes in her mouth and poopie goes in the potty.
Such a sweetie. She tries so hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home