Long Time No Post
It looks like I'm going to have to do more creative backdating of entries here...eventually. Much has happened since our last post. Molly is now one week shy of 19 months! At her 18 month check up, she was 34.5 inches and 28.5 lbs. We've had lots of family visits, including spending time with Grandma Claire, Aunt Eva, and Uncle Simon before Simon's big trip to Brazil, visits with "Pop Pop" Ben and Grandma Jackie, Aunt Erin and Molly's new Aunt Anika at their wedding in San Rafael. As a special bonus Aunt Jaime spent a week with us.
Up north we stayed with newlyweds BJ and Gabe who made sure Molly got to hang out at Cal and let her decimate their fruit trees. Molly loved picking up one plumb at a time, taking one bite, and throwing it on the ground and going for the next one. I guess the first bite is the sweetest. Then she realized she could squish the whole plumb in her hands and let the juice run all over. It turns out that is more fun than eating.
We've also had fun times with friends as we've been meeting lots of new babies lately (who Molly likes until Mommy picks them up) and spending time with old friends. We had fun celebrating Eric's 2nd birthday , playing with Noa, Tess and Aunt Jaime at the zoo ("TessieNoaanimalzoo" is now Molly's mantra), and have had fun at playdates, Tapia Bros. farm, and just hanging out at home with Mommy and Daddy.
Molly runs and climbs (I'm considering getting rid of the coffee table), dances and tries to jump (only one foot leaves the ground at a time), laughs a lot, and doesn't stop talking. I've completely lost track of how many words she uses. She's now using many two word phrases such as "Daddy work," "Mommy down," "Molly spoon," and "I love Mommy." I know that last one is three words, but not the way she says it. Molly's cutest new trick is her singing. She loves the ABCs, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and as well as If You're Happy and You Know It (which we listen to in the car on repeat). She sings the words she knows and sort of hums the rest. So sweet!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home