Blogging Molly

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Busy Month...Or Three



I've gotten three emails this week pointing out that I am negleting my motherly duties of recording Molly's childhood. Things got nutty last month when Molly contracted hand, foot, and mouth disease. This is not the British foot and mouth disease that animals get, but it does suck. It was a horrible few nights of Molly not sleeping. Having her snuggled to me in bed might have been nice and cozy if we weren't all insanely sleep deprived. Her throat was so sore she couldn't eat and I finally gave in and started taking her to fast food places for ice cream and milk shakes. Once she was better it was not fun breaking her of that habit. She had also gotten hooked on t.v., but I told her that the t.v. was tired and needed to sleep. I still don't know why she believes that...
To add insult to injury, I came down with the dreaded disease, and as soon as I was healthy again the new school year began. Painful. Things are "fine" at work, Molly is doing amazing in daycare, which really does seem like school, and Damian has never been busier or more productive. We've had lots of family visits and dates with friends, and are expecting more guests this weekend for the Canstruction event Damian has been planning for almost a year. Molly just loves all the visitors. She never knows who's going to be here when she wakes up on Saturday morning, so she's taken to just asking for Grandma or Grandpa at random times, just in case. We've been making lots of phone calls to keep her happy in between visits.
Fun updates: Molly will spontaneously count to 10, and has finally stopped skipping 9. She'll get as high as 15 with prodding. She can sing the alphabet through g, needs help till about p, and then can bring it home. She sings lots of songs, loves balloons, fire trucks (especially obsessed after a field trip to the fire station), and flags (so patriotic). I think she might color blind. Though she can say all of the colors, she will only identify things as either red or green...indiscriminately. She still loves hair bows and pony tails, wearing hats and sunglasses (such a diva), and insists on sleeping with as many stuffed animals as she can hold. This week she is especially fond of blue squeaky puppy (who you may remember from the learning to crawl video), bear, and bunny. If Molly is covered in stickers it means that she was a good dinosaur (a neat eater=didn't throw food on the floor), and woe to the person who tries to part her from her pink cowboy boots --she has been known to insist on wearing them to sleep.
Whew...I hope you feel caught up on the latest news in the land of Molly. Tune in next month for excerts from her UC application. They are due in November!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the updates, Blair!! The photos are great too!! We can't get enough of our favorite granddaughter.

    xxoo Gramma Claire & Grampa Devin

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Blair and Damian -

    I don't get to these blogs very often, but it's sure fun when I do. I wouldn't lose any sleep about the color thing - she's way young and color blindness is extremely rare in females. It's one of those y chromosome things.

    Your daughter is adorable - I hope you're getting more sleep now that hand foot and mouth is past.

    love,

    Amy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home