I'm Mama!
Yesterday Molly said her first word! Sort of. So, we know she's just stringing together consonants and that they still don't have any meaning to her, but when she wakes up saying "Mama, Mama" who cares if she knows how happy it makes me, it just does. A couple of weeks ago she did a bunch of "babababa" babbling for a day or so, then that stopped and we haven't heard anything like it since...until yesterday. So far, she's said "ama, ema, aba, ena, and mama." Spanish, English, Hebrew, and, well, I'm sure "ena" is something in some language, right? Our little linguist.
Molly's other exciting trick recently was not as fun a discovery. In the dead of night I awoke to crazed shrieking...seriously. I ran into Molly's room, but didn't turn on the light (I never do). I reached in to her crib to pat her, but I couldn't find her! Okay, breathe everyone, she was in there. But she was sitting up, smack in the middle of her crib! No idea how she got there, and the poor little thing was even more confused than I, and so scared because she had no idea how to lie back down. I realize it's just like when kids start pulling up to standing and then cry for you to help them down, but we're just so baffled as to how she managed it. Here's what Damian thinks, and I tend to agree with. Picture this: Molly wakes up, and unable to fall right back to sleep she plays with her feet. She pulls them to her mouth and chews on her toes, but then decides to roll over. She proceeds to roll over, but does not let go of her feet, so she ends up in a sitting position. We know there are flaws in this theory: how does she roll over without using her legs? All I know is I hope it doesn't happen again any time soon. Poor kid is teething again (at least I hope it's teething and not her turning into a raving lunatic for no reason), but her nighttime sleep is actually improving. We're back to waking up only up once a night. I'm actually feeling human again. It was a long three weeks.
Molly's other exciting trick recently was not as fun a discovery. In the dead of night I awoke to crazed shrieking...seriously. I ran into Molly's room, but didn't turn on the light (I never do). I reached in to her crib to pat her, but I couldn't find her! Okay, breathe everyone, she was in there. But she was sitting up, smack in the middle of her crib! No idea how she got there, and the poor little thing was even more confused than I, and so scared because she had no idea how to lie back down. I realize it's just like when kids start pulling up to standing and then cry for you to help them down, but we're just so baffled as to how she managed it. Here's what Damian thinks, and I tend to agree with. Picture this: Molly wakes up, and unable to fall right back to sleep she plays with her feet. She pulls them to her mouth and chews on her toes, but then decides to roll over. She proceeds to roll over, but does not let go of her feet, so she ends up in a sitting position. We know there are flaws in this theory: how does she roll over without using her legs? All I know is I hope it doesn't happen again any time soon. Poor kid is teething again (at least I hope it's teething and not her turning into a raving lunatic for no reason), but her nighttime sleep is actually improving. We're back to waking up only up once a night. I'm actually feeling human again. It was a long three weeks.


1 Comments:
At 10:04 AM,
Unknown said…
yay! a little farkle learns to babble.
Post a Comment
<< Home