Blogging Molly

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 23, 2006

Sixth Month Check Up

I was chastised by the doctor today for cooing at Molly instead of paying attention to him. It’s a good thing I never had to take a class with her. I would never have made it into college. Anyway, she’s perfect, of course. 18 lbs. (yikes!), 26 ¾ inches. Guess I jumped the gun on switching her into the bigger car seat. Molly showed off her two teeth which the doctor said came in right on time, even a tad bit early. And she’s strong and healthy (if a bit lazy—it took some coaxing to get her to sit up on her own). She’s starting on vitamins to make sure she gets enough iron and fluoride, and solid foods! Tomorrow is the big day when we introduce rice cereal. I can’t wait for that first spoonful to be flung at the wall—but ask me tomorrow how much fun it was in reality.

She got two shots and cried a bit, but calmed down as soon as Daddy picked her up. She was not too thrilled though, and glared at all the staff on the way out of the office. I could tell when the Tylenol kicked in because it gives Molly the giggles, and I knew she didn’t hate me anymore. She nursed for ages when we got home, and is currently sleeping it off. We’re hoping she feels well enough this afternoon to visit Daddy at the office and then go to the Huntington for the evening. If not, I guess Mommy might just get a nice nap, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home