She's got teeth, and she knows how to use 'em.
I really didn’t believe it. She was a little fussier than usual, but I thought that was because I kept her up too late one night. She was drooling like crazy, but she’s been doing that for ages. She’s always chewing on something: a toy, a bib, her hand, my hand, but she’s done that since the day she was born. So none of this was out of the ordinary, at least not enough to make me think she was teething. Not until she bit me! Not one of those gummy bites because she’s “learning about the world using her mouth,” but a razor sharp tooth sinking into my poor unsuspecting finger! I guess baby teeth need to be pretty sharp to break through the gums. New parents should be warned. I feel misled, like when everyone told me that breastfed babies don’t have stinky poop. It turns out that what they meant was that it’s not as stinky as when babies take formula. Ohhhh.
I’m a little sad. I’ll miss her adorable gummy smile, but it’s so exciting to watch Molly grow. I can’t believe she’s been in our lives for five months! She’s starting to babble a bit, “babababa,” and she’s getting so strong. We practice sitting, which she does on her own using her hands to prop herself up. Molly loves standing, but she’s still very wobbly. I think soon she’ll be rolling over. She rocks a lot from side to side, but doesn’t seem to care much about flipping all the way over. Her best friend is still her own reflection in the mirror. We play games taking turns holding her while one of us stands a bit further back. It’s so fun to watch Molly look at my reflection, then turn to see me behind her, and back to the mirror. Two Mommies! Wow! Does that mean twice as many meals?
Napping during the day is still a struggle, but Molly is such a champ going to sleep at night, and only waking up once or twice, that Damian and I still have time to spend together in the evening, and even have time to miss her a little bit. We’ve taking to watching some of the video footage. There’s less of a risk of waking her up than when we sneak into her room to take a peek.
Well, we’re off to go look at trees. For some reason there’s nothing more fascinating than fluttering leaves. Unless you can grab some to chew on when Mommy’s not looking.
I’m a little sad. I’ll miss her adorable gummy smile, but it’s so exciting to watch Molly grow. I can’t believe she’s been in our lives for five months! She’s starting to babble a bit, “babababa,” and she’s getting so strong. We practice sitting, which she does on her own using her hands to prop herself up. Molly loves standing, but she’s still very wobbly. I think soon she’ll be rolling over. She rocks a lot from side to side, but doesn’t seem to care much about flipping all the way over. Her best friend is still her own reflection in the mirror. We play games taking turns holding her while one of us stands a bit further back. It’s so fun to watch Molly look at my reflection, then turn to see me behind her, and back to the mirror. Two Mommies! Wow! Does that mean twice as many meals?
Napping during the day is still a struggle, but Molly is such a champ going to sleep at night, and only waking up once or twice, that Damian and I still have time to spend together in the evening, and even have time to miss her a little bit. We’ve taking to watching some of the video footage. There’s less of a risk of waking her up than when we sneak into her room to take a peek.
Well, we’re off to go look at trees. For some reason there’s nothing more fascinating than fluttering leaves. Unless you can grab some to chew on when Mommy’s not looking.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home