Blogging Molly

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Molly has now mastered rolling from her back to her tummy. It’s so cute and when we’re playing on the floor and she does it she gets smiles and cheers and hugs. It’s not so cute when she does it in her crib when she’s trying to nap or go to sleep. It usually ends in me comforting her to calm the screaming. If I’m lucky she’s asleep sometime in the next hour after repeating this routine—roll, scream, comfort—3 or 4 times. Like I said, not so cute. We’ve really got to work on that front-to-back roll.

Molly’s smile has changed a bit now. Her two bottom teeth show when she smiles and giggles. They are SHARP, but I just love them. She wants to chew on everything, including her friends. She’s noticing other babies now, and looooves them. But I think she looks at them as just more chew toys. Playing with Noa yesterday, all Molly wanted to do was grab some part of Noa and try to eat her. Luckily this game makes both of them giggle since we managed to avoid any biting. Is it silly to be proud of her for growing such nice teeth? She’s also grown a lot more hair. I’m not sure exactly when it happened, but she’s no longer bald, but BLOND. Her eyelashes have also darkened, but eyebrows are still hard to see.

Our rosy-cheeked little chipmunk has one other new trick she’s working on. She’s nearly sitting up. She’s much more vertical than she was last week. I’m so jealous of her perfect posture when sitting on the floor. Uncle Simon will be happy to know that one of Molly’s favorite pastimes lately is to bang—on anything. Some of her toys light up and play songs when she hits their buttons, so know she bangs on everything. She loves sitting at the table listening to her drumming.

Next week is Molly’s six month check up and the start of solid foods! Stay tuned for photos of a very messy baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home